Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector who are involved in supporting people to better manage their Universal Benefit claims.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- What Universal Credit is replacing
- The general rules for Universal Credit
- The rules for specific groups - e.g. young people, those with childcare costs
- Universal Credit and housing costs
- Alternative Pay Arrangements (including direct payments of the housing cost element to the landlord)
- Conditions of entitlements and sanctions for alleged breach of these
- Calculating Universal Credit
- Ther rules on advance payments to cover the period until the first payment is received
- Overview of how to challenge unfavourable decisions
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16.
Associate members: £920
Share this page
Talk To Us
James is our training manager (maternity cover) develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.