Tenancy sustainment and preventing evictions
Unplanned moves from hostel accommodation and other supported housing projects (in the form of evictions and abandonment) often result in people returning to street homelessness. Repeat homelessness for this very vulnerable client group could be prevented, resulting in better outcomes for people experiencing homelessness and cost savings for the agencies that support them.
Sustaining tenancies and reducing evictions is essential for those managing hostels and supported housing as this is a key requirement of many funders.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will have:
- Learned how to use housing management procedures as an opportunity to plan for success
- Learned how to manage residents’ or tenants' behaviour effectively
- Discussed how to use good practice from the homelessness sector
- Looked the range of barriers that contribute to exclusions and evictions arising from common housing support practice.
- Discussed how to plan to reduce exclusions using a process of good risk and needs management
- Learned how to adopt a practical approach to partnership working to reduce exclusions
- Explored how to use key communication skills such as negotiation and feedback
- Developed a personal action plan.
Who is this course for?
For frontline staff and managers involved in the housing management process in all forms of supported housing.
This course consists of 3 live interactive training modules, which will take place during one day, with breaks. When you sign up, you will be signing up for all 3 modules.
The course will be tailored to address the needs of the sector during COVID-19.
We ask for a commitment from delegates to attend all 3 sessions. Sessions are not recorded, and slides will not be available until all 3 sessions have taken place.
Module 1: Wednesday, 7 July 2021 | 9.30am-11.00am
Module 2: Wednesday, 7 July 2021 | 12.00pm-1.30pm
Module 3: Wednesday, 7 July 2021 | 2.30pm-4.00pm
Cost and bookings
Members - £95 per person - all three modules are included in this price - if you are a Homeless Link member, you will need to login/create a login using your organisation e-mail address in order to access the member rate
Book and pay online
Bookings to be invoiced
For bookings of 3 or more places, an invoice can be raised - please email Lana.Newby@homelesslink.org.uk to make bookings to be invoiced. Please provide names and email addresses of the delegates wishing to be booked for the training. We are unable to take requests for invoicing for fewer than 3 people for our online training.
Bookings for larger groups
This course is also available to be booked for staff teams of up to 20 people, to be delivered online "in-house" in live interactive sessions on dates to suit your organisation.
Please contact James.Cuming@homelesslink.org.uk or telephone James on 07375 042 815 for more information. Prices are from £850 for up to 20 staff members.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana develops and co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
07950 954 473
22 Dec 2020 - 10:25am
25 Nov 2020 - 1:55pm
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm