We offer a range of support for leaders in the sector to build resilient organisations that can support individuals experiencing homelessness more effectively.
How to embed an organisational culture and values
Please note this event has expired. To view our current calendar of events and training courses please click here.
Organisational culture is made up of shared values, beliefs and assumptions about how people should behave and interact, how decisions should be made and how work activities should be carried out. To gain an understanding of the culture of an organisation, its written and unwritten rules should be examined alongside the relationships, values and behaviours displayed by its people.
This masterclass will consider how to:
- identify and define what the culture and values are
- reinforce values across an organisation
- make your culture as important as results and your values as important as productivity
- define your values in behavioural terms
- be role models of desired valued behaviours.
- hold staff accountable for living your valued behaviours
Who can join?
This programme is for senior leaders (e.g. Chief Executives) in organisations that support people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
How to join
All masterclass sessions will take place on onlie via Zoom. To secure your place, please book your place online
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any requirements that will make this event more accessible to you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.