Learn more about Reboot UK and how to apply for grant funding by 15th May to become a Reboot partner in 2018-19.
Digital literacy can help grow peoples’ confidence, independence and wellbeing, giving them greater choice and control over their lives.
Reboot UK is changing the way the homelessness sector delivers digital skills support, embedding digital into service delivery. It’s not about sitting in a classroom, but about turning everyday interactions and activities into learning opportunities.
It’s about peer mentoring and coproduction – encouraging peer learning, recognising and valuing strengths and enabling people to take control of their own development.
Reboot UK aims to build a network of people and organisations who will share the skills and confidence people need to get online, giving them greater choice and control over their lives.
We are looking for partners from across Homeless Link’s networks who can help our vision become a reality.
Become a Reboot partner
If you and your organisation are passionate about digital learning and coproduction, and have great links with other local services, you could be an ideal Reboot partner.
We are funding 6 additional homelessness service providers to recruit Community Connectors, who will help build up a network of Digital Champions within their local area. The Connectors and Champions will work together to embed innovative ways of sharing digital skills within services locally.
The Community Connectors should either have lived experience of homelessness themselves or be committed to coproduction.
What Reboot partners receive:
- A grant of up to £12,500
- Access to training and resources for your Community Connector and organisation
- Project management support from Homeless Link
- Support setting up events and meeting new partners in your local areas
- A national network of Reboot partners and Community Connectors
- Access to support and resources from the Good Things Foundation
What Reboot partners deliver:
- A Community Connector recruited and supported by your organisation – ideally someone with lived experience of homelessness or who is committed to coproduction. Download an example job description below.
- A network of 5 local partners from your existing partnerships and/or assistance from Homeless Link to create a network
- Recruitment of 10 digital champions from the partners in your network
- Support to the digital champions from the Community Connector through one-to-one contact and activities such as meetings or forums.
- Project delivery over 12-18 months.
How you deliver the project is up to you - we are looking for innovative proposals that meet your local needs.
Download the application questions and guidance in order to apply online here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/reboot3. Applications close at 7pm on Tuesday 15th May.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Innovation and good practice project manager
Vicky is an innovation and good practice project manager, leading our National Day Centres Project. She also manages Reboot UK, developing digital inclusion practices within homelessness agencies.
24 Apr 2018 - 12:53pm
24 Apr 2018 - 12:34pm
6 Apr 2018 - 10:00am