The Real Change Toolkit
Can alternative giving schemes channel public concern into action for people who are homeless?
In Greater Manchester, the Big Change MCR alternative giving programme raised nearly £200,000 from businesses and the public in its first two years. These funds were directly distributed to 750 people with a history of rough sleeping to cover essential costs. Riverside, with support from Homeless Link and Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham, went on to test this approach through local Real Change partnerships in Wigan & Leigh, Oldham, Rochdale and Guildford.
To help others learn from this successful project, Riverside have pulled together the Real Change brand, tools, templates and resources into a simple toolkit, including:
- A roadmap to follow in setting up your local campaign, and scorecard to work out if it’s right for you
- Info on the people, roles and expertise you’ll need to make it work
- Application forms, monitoring forms and templates for all the policies and procedures you might need
- A professional, free-to-use brand with pre-designed artwork for you to adapt to your local area
- Fundraising and marketing ideas to try in your campaign
The Real Change brand, model and resources are free to use for any partner who wishes to set up a campaign in their area and signs up to the core principles of the campaign. To access the full suite of resources, please contact Robbie Cowbury on 07976 924 793 or email@example.com
Share this page
21 Sep 2021 - 4:05pm
29 Jun 2021 - 10:40am
22 Jun 2021 - 8:34am