Supporting people into education, training and employment
For many people, gaining access to training and employment is the key to moving on from homelessness. However, there are barriers that homeless people face in taking this step. This course will help you support your clients to overcome these barriers and enter work or training.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector, who want to update their skills.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- understand the unique needs of homeless people in relation to education, training and employment
- understand the barriers clients face in accessing education, training and employment
- be aware of the practical tools that you can use to help your clients achieve their goals
- be able to support your clients effectively with job applications and interviews
- understand the importance of signposting
- know how to support your clients in sustaining education and employment
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150