Staff supervision skills
As a manager or supervisor this course will help you to develop your staff through regular formal supervision, leading to improved outcomes for your organisation.
Who is this course for?
Any manager or team leaderin the homelessness and supported housing sector, who has responsibility for line management and conducting one-to-ones or supervisions.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Know how to build effective, supervisory relationships with the staff you manage
- Be able to apply sound supervision systems and processes
- Know how to record and measure the outcomes achieved by your staff team and ensure targets are met
- Know how to set achievable objectives, monitor staff performance and deal with any performance issues appropriately
- Be able to plan and meet learning and development objectives for your staff and ensure they are able to progress
- Be able to engage your staff through dynamic supervision sessions
- Have an improved understanding of professional boundaries, emotional intelligence and staff motivation
- Know how to manage diverse staff groups who may have different communication and learning styles
- Know how to achieve positive outcomes for clients through improving the performance of your staff
- Understand when and how to empower, coach, stretch, delegate and direct
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150