Day centres: places of acceptance, empowerment and change
Day Centres play a crucial role in tackling rough sleeping, preventing tenancy breakdown and promoting social networks.
This course supports Day Centre managers to develop their service and make it more accessible, more focussed on change and more successful in partnership work with service users and local stakeholders
Who is this course for?
This is an introductory level course. It is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who want to update their skills
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- understand the changing role of Day Centres for homeless people
- understand how to manage the diverse needs of service users
- know how to manage conflict and change
- understand how to balance the needs of your team, service users, funders and the local community
- know how to deal with a range of issues such as referrals, drugs and alcohol, food, couples, dogs and deaths
- know how to develop a personalised service that offers choice and empowerment
- know how to keep your Day Centre safe
- be able to reflect on your role and practice as a Day Centre manager
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150