The Strategic Alliance on Migrant Destitution was a project that ran from Sept 2015 - March 2018 that brought together professionals from the homelessness, refugee and migrant sectors to create opportunities to work together more effectively to tackle migrant destitution.
Benefits for EEA nationals
This course will provide a comprehensive and detailed overview of the benefits which can be claimed by nationals from the European Economic Area, as well as covering the Right to Reside Test and the Habitual Residence Test
Who is this course for?
Those involved in supporting service users such as project, support and advice workers. Participants should have a working knowledge of the benefits system.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Know who is covered by European Union law;
- Understand the different residence tests for different benefits;
- Know which groups have a right to reside;
- Be able to advise on the main factors that are relevant in establishing habitual residence;
- Understand residence rights for workers, self-employed people and people with retained worker status;
- Understand who can derive residence rights as a family member or carer;
- Know when someone has a permanent right of residency;
- Understand the additional restrictions which affect Croatian and A2 nationals;
- Be aware of recent developments in legislation and how European nationals are affected.
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Share this page
Very clear, I could assess someone's situation in a more logical way after this course, very good.Look Ahead
Talk To Us
James is our training manager (maternity cover) develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
10 Jan 2018 - 1:51pm
15 Dec 2017 - 3:27pm
17 Oct 2017 - 3:03pm