Manage the personal and professional boundaries that are part of your daily work.
Introduction to complex trauma and trauma informed care
Check your diary
This course aims to provide delegates with an introduction to complex trauma and its physiological and psychological impact. It provides information and an opportunity to reflect on how your service can be a safe and empowering environment for staff and service users. Delegates will also be given some practical resources for working in a trauma-informed way and will learn to recognize vicarious/secondary trauma within themselves and how to overcome it.
Who is this course for?
- Frontline homelessness workers with basic or limited knowledge of trauma
- Frontline homelessness workers with little experience in the field
- Staff from other sectors who have contact with homeless people/people with complex needs
- Organisations who are not yet, or are in the early stages of, working in a psychologically informed way
What will you learn?
This 1 day course provides:
- An introduction to complex trauma and its effect on attachment and the brain
- An introduction to Trauma Informed Care and practical tips on supporting clients to regulate emotion, manage behavior and risks and creating safe and empowering services
- An opportunity for you to reflect on your practice in relation to the above
- Vicarious trauma and looking after yourself
Delegates will be provided with a handbook of resources.
Please note that, due to the sensitive nature of this training course, delegates might feel anxious or upset by some of the course content if it relates to their own experiences. It is essential that they are aware of the course content beforehand, in order to be emotionally prepared for the day. Please ensure that all delegates read this course outline ahead of the training. They will be able to step out during the session if needed. There is no requirement for delegates to share personal experiences on this course.
One day course
Costs (in-house training)
This course can be booked in-house for a team of up to 16
Associate members: £920
Non members: £1,150
Share this page
I really enjoyed the training and the subject matter, it was really well presented and Jo was brilliant, very friendly and informative. I would attend again and am interested in pursuing this further.Sara Cockrill,
Talk To Us
James our training manager develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am
5 Feb 2019 - 5:10pm