We have developed the principles required for commissioning, designing and delivering a Housing First service in England, to support a national Housing First movement and ensure that positive client outcomes are achieved.
Housing First England
Housing First England aims to:
- Identify and produce practical solutions to the barriers to implementing Housing First at scale.
- Create the optimum political and operational foundations for a national roll-out of Housing First.
- Support organisations to create and develop excellent Housing First services in line with the Principles for Housing First in England.
- To grow the evidence for the efficacy of Housing First across a range of housing markets, commissioning arrangements and sectors.
- To promote Housing First as one of a wider range of housing led solutions that can help to end homelessness.
In 2019, Homeless Link was joined by Crisis to deliver the current stage of the project.
Join our campaign to scale up Housing First
In July 2020, as COVID-19 lockdown transition planning continues, 12 organisations representing social landlords, local authorities and the homelessness sector came together to issue a joint statement calling on Government and social housing providers to help make Housing First available for all those who need it.
The group is demanding a long-term, cross-departmental investment in support and housing to deliver high fidelity Housing First in England and commits to support the Government to do so.
Visit the Housing First England website
The Housing First England website brings together the most practical and up to date information and resources on Housing First, and shares the stories of residents, which demonstrate the real impact of this accommodation model.
Visit hfe.homeless.org.uk to find out more.
We are keen to hear from you, whether you are already delivering Housing First in England, planning a new project, or are interested in finding out more. Keep up to date with our news or get in touch:
Share this page
Talk To Us
Senior Innovation and Good Practice Project Manager (Housing First)
Jo is a senior innovation and good practice project manager, leading the Housing First England project and advocating for Trauma Informed Care.
8 Oct 2020 - 9:00am
27 Jul 2020 - 9:00am
26 Feb 2020 - 10:00am