Team Leader - Part time
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to empower people every day to develop their skills and achieve their potential? Do you enjoy working in an environment where every day is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you.
You will manage a team of night workers that work with our homeless clients. You will love supporting others and helping them to progress and achieve their goals. Your positive attitude towards your work and your team will help to contribute to a great working environment. You will have a calm and personable manner and be able to handle potentially difficult situations.
Day in the life of a Team Leader
- You will support your team to achieve their potential through regular staff supervision, coaching, training and induction
- Liaise between the day and night teams to ensure consistent and effective communication and provide a handover to day staff after each shift
- You will be involved in the recruitment of staff for your team
- Manage staff annual leave, plan rotas and organise cover for absences ensuring adequate cover at all times
- Supervise room clearance which may include changing bed linen, completing laundry and cleaning tasks
- Manage incidents through the on-call service, emergency services or by providing assistance
- Be part of the on call service
- Respond to emergency accommodation needs of clients
- Control the entry & exit of clients and visitors through reception; maintain the alcohol admissions policy
- Maintain clean and tidy communal areas
- Any other reasonable duties required in the interest of the organisation
We are a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, Berkshire and West Sussex for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. We will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with us. We are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
Giving Clients Choice & Control, Being Open and Honest and Equality & Diversity
Attributes & Values
Previous experience in this type of work is not essential but you will have a real passion for wanting to work with homeless people. Your values will match ours, you will be committed to helping others and enjoy the real job satisfaction that this brings.
Salary for 28 hours: £15,867 progressing to £17,630
Full time equivalent starting salary: £23,297
Closing Date: Sunday 24th February