Housing First Fund
What we will fund
The Housing First Fund will test new approaches and build capacity within existing Housing First delivery in England. This funding will ensure that organisations have the opportunity to build on the enthusiasm, commitment and expertise that already exists in Housing First teams in order to extend and improve Housing First services at the local level, which will then inform our national network.
The programme is open to charities and not-for-profit companies in England delivering existing Housing First services. Please see the Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions documents for further details.
Proposals must show how the funding will improve sustainability of the service after the grant ends. The funding must not be used to create provision where the end of the grant results in loss of support. For example, when funding for a post ends, it cannot result in the caseload of the remaining team increasing beyond the limits recommended by Housing First England.
Activity that could be funded includes, but is not limited to:
- Specialist posts or development of existing teams’ skills/knowledge to extend or improve Housing First for a specific population e.g. young people, women, BAME, LGBTQ, physical care needs
- Transitional support to improve routes into Housing First
- Development of peer mentoring and/or community links
- Development of co-production or other forms of representation with Housing First residents
- New approaches to supporting people in Housing First whose tenancies are at risk
- Systems change influencing e.g. working with statutory services to change how Housing First residents access mental health assessments
- Improved access to health provision, and to social services and mental health assessments
- Improved access to diverse accommodation options for people coming into Housing First
This is not a definitive list – projects should be responsive to their local context and to the needs of the people who will be accessing funded services.
How much can you apply for?
Grants of between £20,000 and £100,000.
The Housing First Fund is open for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) until 5pm on 14 August, with rolling assessments. Only applicants successful at EOI stage will be given access to the full online application form. The deadline for second stage applications is 5pm on 8th September.
Grants will be awarded Oct-Nov 2019, and grant-funded activity can continue until November 2021.
How to apply
Please read the guidance and Frequently Asked Questions documents below. All applications must be made using the online form, and only applicants successful at stage one will be invited to submit a full application. You can save your progress and return to the form before submission.
If you have an enquiry that is not covered in this application guidance, you can send your enquiry to email@example.com. Please use ‘Housing First Grant Programme Enquiry’ as your email subject and provide your organisation and contact name.
Final decisions on grant awards will be made by a Grants Panel, which will include members with lived experience of homelessness and with experience of delivering and/or commissioning Housing First services.
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lisa is managing the Ending Women’s Homelessness and Housing First grant programmes. Lisa has previously worked on a number of Homeless Link projects, including Reboot, Day Centres Project, Homelessness Transition Fund and PLUS Project.
020 7840 4416
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am