Mental Health and Homelessness
At a glance
Course type: Knowledge Who should attend? Front line support workers, Managers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
Mental health issues and homelessness are closely linked. Working in the homelessness sector you will provide regular support to vulnerable people with a range of mental health needs. This practical course will give you the skills needed to support clients experiencing mental health issues.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for new frontline staff or experienced professionals who want to update their skills
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Be able to define mental health
- Understand the spectrum of mental health problems and recognise common symptoms and behaviours
- Understand the development of complex needs and know about recommended interventions
- Understand the development of personality traits and the impact of traumatic life events
- Know about good practice examples of client support around complex mental health needs
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Share this page
Talk To Us
James is our training manager (maternity cover) develops and manages Homeless Link's in-house training programme.
27 Jun 2018 - 2:37pm
15 Jun 2018 - 1:04pm
30 May 2018 - 1:01pm