Support your clients to move forwards and access education, training and employment through practical tools, coaching and motivational strengths-based approaches.
Motivational Interviewing & Support
At a glance
Course type: Practical Who should attend? Front line support workers
Click here for full course details or to book an in-house session for you and your colleagues
This two-day course merges the counselling and communication principles of motivational interviewing with the practicalities of delivering support to help clients achieve their goals.
Who is this course for?
It is suitable for frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Know the theory, philosophy and spirit underpinning motivational interviewing.
- Know an applicable range of models of change.
- Have practised a range of communication skills including;
- Reflective listening
- Rapport building
- Know the pitfalls of motivational interviewing and how they can be avoided.
- Know the process by which change occurs, and the role of workers in assisting movement through the application of motivational interviewing techniques.
- Understand how motivational interviewing could be used to support client change.
- Know how to apply a range of practical strategies to promote client engagement.
- Describe the principle reasons clients are reluctant or ambivalent about engage with the assessment or services.
- Have made an outline personal action plan to implement the learning.
Homeless Link, Minories House, 2-5 Minories, London, EC3N 1BJ
Share this page
Talk To Us
Lana co-ordinates our range of scheduled training and events.
020 7840 4497
1 Apr 2019 - 11:14am
19 Feb 2019 - 12:13pm
13 Feb 2019 - 11:27am