Helping services in the homelessness sector respond during the pandemic
The Crisis Emergency Grants Fund
In these uncertain times, it’s more important than ever that as a sector, we pull together and support one another.
In the face of the coronavirus outbreak, those experiencing homelessness have been hit especially hard and homelessness organisations may be under financial pressure and struggling to provide the extra resources required to meet the demands at a local level.
In response to the outbreak, Crisis has committed to keeping their services running, providing advice, helping people find suitable accommodation and supporting people with their health and wellbeing.
In addition to delivering these services, Crisis has established an Emergency Grants Fund to support local groups across the UK, who are financially affected by additional demands on their resources as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, and who have expanded their provision to meet the current needs of those experiencing homelessness.
What grants can organisations apply for?
- Awards up to £5k for short-term responses to the coronavirus emergency (projects within 3 months), following a limited/fast-tracked application process (payments made in advance)
- Awards up to £10k to fund more structural needs, following a full application process (see below) (payments made in advance)
- Awards up to £50k to fund long-term needs and potential expansion or change in service delivery, following a full application process (payments in advance, but with potential for staged payments over a specified period)
Who can apply for a grant?
- Local organisations within the UK (i.e. providing specific services in a set number of locations – not national or sub-regional)
- Registered charities who provide services to those experiencing homelessness
- Funding will be restricted to assistance needed to cope with the impact of coronavirus, and not simply to meet wider funding gaps
- Funding could be used to meet additional demand or reduction in staffing or other resources caused by the impact of coronavirus
How to apply for a grant?
To apply for a grant please visit: https://www.crisis.org.uk/get-involved/in-this-together/emergency-grants-fund/
As a sector, we must come together in responding to this outbreak in order to ensure vital support gets to the people that need it. If you are an organisation in need of financial assistance to deliver your programme of response to this outbreak please apply for the support you need.
Learn more about Crisis’ coronavirus emergency campaign, In This Together, here.