Post Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management now recruiting
London South Bank University (LSBU) and London Housing Foundation (LHF) have developed a one-year part-time Leadership and Management Programme leading to a Post-graduate Certificate for up-and-coming experienced managers working in the homelessness and allied sectors.
The course provides aspiring leaders with vital organisational and leadership skills in a bespoke context as well as the opportunity for a foreign study trip. It was designed in consultation with a board of delegates from a number of leading homelessness charities, inclusing Homeless Link. Students have come from large, small and medium sized agencies, from those with a national profile to those whose work is local to their area.
We are delighted that the first cohort completed the programme with outstanding results - three receiving distinctions and the remainder all achieving a merit.
Andrew Summers, LSBU Course Director said:
“I can’t recall an examination board ever before awarding everyone in a cohort of this size a merit or distinction. This reflects the calibre of participant and the effort they put in. The group were a pleasure to work with. They have clearly gained considerably from the programme and are all to be congratulated.”
The second programme is now half way through and we are hopeful that participants will be able to match the great success of the first cohort.
- The course can accept between 12 and 18 participants per cohort
- All participants must be in a management position and have 3 years’ management experience (including people and finance management) in homelessness and allied fields
- All participants must have the support of their organisations to attend the course and complete the study requirements.
- LHF will pay for half of the cost of the core course leading to the PG Certificate with the sponsoring agency paying the other half. Depending on numbers accepted for the course, the sponsoring agency will be required to pay between £1200 and £1600 per participant.
- LHF will also pay for the initial residential break at Cumberland Lodge, Windsor Great Park and will fund foreign study trips up to the value of £2000 per participant.
We are now recruiting for the third programme starting in January 2017 and we are widening participation to agencies outside London and to local authorities. To find out more, visit LHF’s website for more information on the content of the course and how to apply or email me as below:
LHF Course Project Manager
Share this page
Talk To Us
LHF Course Project Manager
Margaret is Course Project Manager at LHF.