In A Place to Call Your Home, we set out the steps society must take in order to make homelessness a thing of the past.
Our vision and strategy
If tomorrow you lost everything, what would it take to rebuild your life?
There are many reasons why someone may become homeless, from the structural to the personal. It is an issue that harms individuals and families and damages communities, yet in most cases, it can be prevented.
We believe there is no place for homelessness in modern Britain.
We believe that with the right approach from homelessness, housing and other sectors, from experts by experience, and from government and funders, homelessness can and will end.
Everyone should have a place to call home and the support they need to keep it.
To develop, inspire, support and sustain a movement of organisations working together to achieve positive futures for people who are homeless or vulnerably housed.
What will it take to end homelessness?
To achieve this ambition, we, as a society, need to:
- Act faster to prevent people from losing their homes.
- Ensure if you do become homeless, it’s for the shortest time possible
- Provide those with complex problems with the long-term housing and help they need
- Support people to realise their potential and avoid becoming homeless again.
To find out more about the Homeless Link vision, download A Place to Call Your Home.
Creating the change: Homeless Link’s strategy to end homelessness, 2018-2021
Together with our members and experts by experience, Homeless Link is a part of the solution to ending homelessness, taking action and creating the change.
Our strategy covers a three year period from 2018-2021. It reflects the changing landscape in which we all operate, bringing together our vision and values to set out in clear terms how Homeless Link will play our part in ending homelessness.
Homeless Link’s four strategic aims for 2018-2021 are:
- Preventing homelessness and ending rough sleeping
- Showing that ending homelessness is both achievable and sustainable
- Supporting our members to be more effective, impactful and resilient
- Being an excellent and inspiring organisation
To find out more about the Homeless Link strategy, download Creating the change.
Share this page
"We should aim for seamless services that ensure a 'no wrong door' approach to access."David Carter, The Whitechapel Centre